Finally..! The weather is warmer, our moods are lighter and everyone is ready to catch Spring Summer vibes… So, what better way to go about it than enjoying a viby, delicious night out at the Friday Nite Food Market at Reizis Square.
Where Bloem Foodies Meet
Variety is key at the Friday Nite Food Market, where everyone is certain to find something truly scrumptious to suit his or her taste buds. Held every 3rd Friday of every month, you will find this delightful bustling food market at the trendy Reizis Square on the corner of Andries Pretorius and Waverley road Bloemfontein.
This charming informal dining experience underneath the fairy lights is quickly becoming a favourite amongst locals. On the food side, you can indulge your love of artisan breads, baked goods, cheeses and dairy, home-made curries, spit braai burgers, brownies and rump rolls to name but a few. There’s also LIVE music, local craft beer and the very popular Gin jam jars on tap to keep visitors refreshed.
Not only is the food fresh and delicious, but the Friday Nite Food Market has a cheerful lively social atmosphere where locals love to meet and greet. So bring your friends and family, enjoy a starry night out and be inspired!
Who to expect at the market?? Well, you’re in for a treat!
The Marvelous Traders of the Friday Nite Food Market at Reizis Square
- Freshly bakes cupcakes, brownies, custard slices and treats by Jack & Jill Food Co.
- Amazing Noodle pots by Elsa from Freshbox
- Cakes, doughnuts & treats for kids by Margaret Lintstrom of Sweet Petal bakery
- Local Bloemfontein craft beer by Stellar Brewery
- Vegetarian sushi by Zoe & John
- Gin Jam Jars by Wiltshire and Whitehorse
- Deep fried jalapenos and spring rolls by Tastefull delights
- The Wine bar in The Hang Out by Lucas from @wine & Bertie from Lowerland
- Brazed Beef Tacos by Gourmet stand
- Home-made Curries by Lee
- Spritbraai burgers and Lesotho trout by Gys die slagter and Jobu
- Freash smoothies & artisan icecream by Lietjiesbos
- Halloumi, olives ricotta cheese by Pappas Halloumi
- Heavenly organic yogurt, quark and cheeses by St Dairy
- A variety of portugese treats by Portuguese delights
- Morgan’s candyfloss
- Josh’s fresh eggs and Michael’s milkshakes
- A variety of handmade savoury snacks by Olive chef school
- Artisan breads by Ellie of Basically Bread
- Candy stand by Ooh la la
- A variety of spices by Spiced
- Mozerella string cheese by Chechil SA
- Bos Iced tea
- Authentic Braai by Jimbos
You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients • Julia Child
When and where is the next Friday Nite Food Market at Reizis Square?
- When: Every 3rd Friday of every month
- Where: Reizis Square on the corner of Andries Pretorius and Waverley road Bloemfontein
- Summer Trading hours: 17:00 – Food stalls close at 20:00
- Winter Trading hours: 16:00 – Food stalls close at 19:00 (June, July, August)
Social Media? Follow these Facebook pages for a heads up on when the next Friday Nite Food Market will be happening:
*Pics by the very talented Sumari and FJ Potgieter of Eye Poetry Photography