La Voie Française
With Spring basically lasting all of 2 days and throwing us straight into Summer, my Winter legs hasn’t quite been prepped for shorts just yet. To be honest, they’re looking a bit dimply and wobbly due to the hibernation period (eek!).
Can you imagine my surprise and also disbelief, when meeting a gorgeous French woman (right here in Bloem) with the most beautiful dimple-free legs this time of the year?
We got to talking and I was blown away by what she had to say about the beauty buying habits of the ladies in France.
French women, it seems, spend waaaaaayyyy more money on skin care and cellulite products than what they spend on make-up! In fact, skin care and cellulite products out sell any other beauty products in France – hands down.
French women are very much concerned about looking after their skin and their body in the long run – they don’t believe in quick fixes and longevity is what they spend their beauty budget on.
This got me seriously interested in researching the topic a little further and I have to say, I think French women have got this one on the nose.
The Cellulite phenomenon
Cellulite is a condition of persistent subcutaneous fat deposits that push through the connective tissue beneath the skin causing dimpling of the skin. This condition, also known as “orange peel” affects 80-90% of women and is generally situated on the hips and thighs.
En garde cellulite!
Thankfully there is more than enough that can be done about these unsightly dimples to strut your way to smooth lanky legs “a la Française.” The main approach being to increase blood flow and circulation.
Try some of these great home remedies for yourself
- Scrub away stubborn cellulite by combining coconut oil, coffee grounds and ground cinnamon. Work into the area in upward, circular movements till the skin is stimulated then rinse.
- Adding essential aromatherapy oils such as cypress, juniper, geranium and rosemary to a base oil like jojoba can be massaged into the area twice daily.
Fantastique treatments and products
- Using suction cups called Bellabaci cups to use in an age old therapy also known as cupping- pulls skin into the silicon cup and drains out excess lymph, helping to give a smoother appearance. (Available to order from Tiffany. It’s a girl thing)
- There are also many different creams available in stores to suit your budget. My favorites include Elancyl’s range of anti-Cellulite products. They happen to be French;)
- Also Nivea’s anti-Cellulite gel with Q10 that absorbs quickly into the problem areas.
- There are also a few salon options that include body wraps, stimulating massage and vibration machines to increase circulation.
All it takes is a few easy steps to stepping out in that summer short without a worry of a dimple other than the one in your smile.
In the words a true French Icon Coco Chanel… Keep your heels, head and standards high!
Have a fabulous Summer!
*Written by Tiffany from Tiffany. It’s a girl thing our in-house Beauty & Skin Whizz