All the leaves are brown…, and the sky is grey – mmm ok maybe that’s a bit dramatic!
It’s autumn and this season we take inspiration from nature. Take a look around and you will see a multitude of inspiring colours – shades of red, yellow, orange, coppers and browns. All these hues can be translated into everyday wear. Make up, hair, nails, clothes etc take on these colors and are extremely versatile as they can all be mixed and matched together.
Staying on the topic of inspiration, this month we give thanks to all the inspirational Moms in our lives! And if you are unsure about how to spoil her…
Here are a few Marvelous Mother’s Day Ideas:
#1 Give Mom the day off
Let someone else do the cooking for Mom this Mother’s Day. There are fantastic buffet offers at most restaurants in town – but be sure to book in advance!
Lovely local Bloem spots to consider:
- Villa Avianto (083 329 4872)
- De Oude Kraal (051 564 0636) or
- Warm Karoo (download their app on your phone for bookings).
#2 How Charming
The Pandora range of Mother’s Day beads are soooo beautiful and a fantastic way to show your lasting love and appreciation for Mom!
#3 Oh Goodie!
My other favourite Marvelous Mother’s Day gift idea is to create the ideal goodie bag specifically to your Mom’s taste. You can show her just how inspirational she is by adding all her favourite things into a pretty box or basket – many florists also offer these services.
Tip-top ideas for a Marvelous Mom goodie bag:
- Chocolates – Moms loooooooove Lint chocolates!
- Flowers – ALWAYS a favourite
- Mom’s favourite magazine or a book she’d enjoy – maybe a nice romance novel… hint hint
- Beauty vouchers – Think facials, manicures, pedicures.. We have a great selection at Tiffany. It’s a girl thing
- Beauty products – Lip gloss, Bubble bath, perfume … there’s an endless supply of fabulous products you can add to your goodie bag
- Jewelry – Yes, you can NEVER go wrong with a bit of bling
So, there you go Smart guys and girls, hopefully our Marvelous Mother’s Day list sparked a fantastic gift idea or two. Find some inspiration in all the beauty that is Autumn, light a fire, open a bottle of red wine, ENOY the season and raise a glass to all the fabulous formidable Smart Moms out there!
Happy Mother’s Day!
*Written by Tiffany from Tiffany. It’s a girl thing our in-house Beauty & Skin Whizz
*Photo credit: Jeani Meyer & sons by Elizabeth J photography