It’s official! The Bomber Jacket has taken over the fashion world. As evidenced by every celebrity and street style star from here to Milan as of late, it doesn’t get much cooler than a bomber jacket, especially an eye-catching embroidered one.
Traditionally bomber jackets may have been limited to casual wear, but this season the Bomber takes on a new twist in unusual Spring-ready colours, fresh silhouettes and materials like satin, silk, pink and florals. Whether oversized or embroidered, street wear and high fashion have well and truly collided and it’s all about the details in 2016.
According to Google, searches for Bomber jackets – which were already shooting upward in 2015 – were up 297 percent in the UK year over year in 2016, and a whopping 612 percent in the U.S. Thanks to searches on top models like Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid, Bomber jackets are the number one trending wardrobe item for 2016.
Dressing Up Your Bomber Jacket
- Smartgirl Nicolette is wearing a custom ready-to-wear Casper Bosman blush pink and serenity satin Bomber jacket.
- For the perfect crossover between edgy and feminine chic, we’ve paired our Casper Bosman Bomber with another hot spring/summer trend Double Denim. Nicolette is wearing a distressed denim button-down shirt from Forever New and a denim pencil skirt from Guess.
- Add a touch of cool with Aviator sunnies and Metallic rose gold pointy heels.
Spring Ahead This Season With A Bomber Jacket
- When shopping for the perfect Bomber, we recommend you look for gorgeous embroidery detail. We LOVE the stunning peacock detail on our custom ready-to-wear Casper Bosman jacket.
- Choosing a jacket of a different material will instantly add a touch of class to any outfit. Throw on a silk bomber over your favorite party dress and pair with some heeled pumps or pointies, and you’ve got the perfect look for a night out.
- For a no-fuss spring fashion look, style your bomber jacket with skinny jeans. Add a simple but luxurious loose tee and white sneakers and you’ve got that “off-duty model” look nailed.
No longer confined by its military roots, the Bomber jacket is now a true fashion essential, one found draped across the shoulders of nearly everyone who gives any thought to what they wear.
With such a versatile item of clothing, there really are no fashion rules. Be brave and experiment – confidence and attitude are really all you need to rock this look. Let us know what worked for you!
#smartgirl Nicolette is wearing:
- Ready-to-wear Peacock blush pink & serenity satin Bomber jacket • Casper Bosman
- Denim button-down shirt • Forever New
- Denim pencil skirt • Guess
- Rose gold metallic pointy heels • Aldo
- Aviator sunglasses • Bvlgari
- Rose gold button earrings • Lovisa
- Ring • Missibaba
*Sources: Whowhatwear.com, Huffingtonpost.com