Fancy something delicious, fresh, funky and all-a-round yum? Well, we know just the place! One of our absolute favourite local hangouts – Jack & Jill Food co.
With its open kitchen, slight warehouse feel and extremely funky décor (think small round tables with bright yellow feet, modern bar stools, teal painted Oryx skull and antlers), Jack & Jill Food co. really ticks all the right winter warmer boxes. The delightful Jill Nowers is the creative and culinary whizz behind Jack & Jill Food co. Jill’s food philosophy is all about the basic principles of good food. Preparing delicious, fresh, tasty meals using only the best local and artisan produce she can find.With Winter upon us, here are a couple of comfort favourites on Jack & Jill’s scrumptious menu to look forward to:
- Oven roasted Tomato soup served with a cheese & dijon mustard toastie – a Hello Smart Blog favourite!
- Jill’s Bunny Chow with butter chicken, atjar and garlic yogurt – It’s the kind of dish that you dream of
- The Buddy Boy’s Breakfast Sarmie hot buttered ciabatta topped with homemade garlic mayo, oven roasted tomato, crispy bacon, a fried egg, cheese, basil pesto and rocket
- Hummingbird cake with banana, pecan nut, pineapple and vanilla buttercream icing – amazing
Jack & Jill Food co. is definitely well worth the visit. Not only is the food fresh and delicious, but the vibe is uber-cool. It’s no wonder that this is where Bloem’s trendy crowd hangs out.Find them on the Corner of Waverley and Andries Pretorius Street, Reizis Square, Bloemfontein. The delightful Jill Nowers
- We went to: Jack & Jill Food co.
- We ate: Oven roasted Tomato soup served with a cheese & dijon mustard toastie
- We drank: Our favourite Latte
- We wore: Grey star print Country Road knit paired with yellow skinny Zara jeans, grey Charles & Keith belt and grey Country Road pointy heels • Country Road • Zara • Charles & Keith
- Photography: The exceptionally talented FJ Potgieter from Eye Poetry Photography
*For more gorgeous Jack & Jill Food co. photos by Eye Poetry Photography check out their feature on The Pretty Blog