Introducing our second colour trend of 2016 – Rose Quartz & Serenity. Pantone colours of the year 2016, this trend is all about the blending of the two colors – the delicate pink rose quartz and the soft blue of serenity.
- Core: Rose Quartz • Serenity • Light denim
- Tips & Tricks: Wear rose gold jewelry
- a CheekiFig corporate wear brand extension initiative for OFS Smart Repair • cheekifig
Rose Quartz is an ethereal gentle pink tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure. Like a serene sunset, flushed cheek or budding flower, it is for the lady who is busy but holds a touch of naiveté in her heart. Serenity is exactly what the name hints at, a tranquil, weightless and airy blue that calms. It emanates love in a very gentle form and is a transcendent blue. Pantone described the colors as “a harmonious pairing of inviting shades that embody a mindset of tranquility and inner peace.”
In the fashion world, the colour combination was featured on the runways for both men and women and highlighted in many beautiful collections:
- Chanel put the two together in its haute couture collection for fall 2015
- Prada did the same for spring-summer as did Fendi
- Thom Browne put the color merge front and center for his 2016 resort collection for women
- while Richard James and Roberto Cavalli used the two together for men on spring 2016 runways
- Blurring gender lines on catwalks had Valentino showing pale pink athletic-inspired shoes for men with a band of serenity blue, along with leather backpacks showing off geometric splashes of the same shades.
The blue-ish pink Rose quartz and the pink-ish blue Serenity compliment each other very well. The combination is quite unexpected, there’s a calmness to the look, but there’s also a happiness to it.
To make this look work, you need to combine both colours within one outfit. It’s all about the balance of the two. Therefore, invest in beautiful Rose quartz and Serenity pieces which you style as the hero’s of your ensemble, but keep any core items added (shoes, belts, pants, jackets etc.) a very simple white or nude.
- SMART TIP: Light denim will work perfectly as a Serenity piece!
The #smartgirls as featured in our Rose quartz and Serenity colour trend work wear in the April 2016 edition of local glossy Get it magazine